Ethiopia Specialty Coffee Beans

Ethiopian coffees can be described as fruity and wildly unusual.  Coffee beans from Ethiopia are famous for their distinct and elegant floral, herbal, and citrus notes. Ethiopian washed coffees are elegant and complex. Naturally processed Ethiopian coffees can be described as fruity and flowery.  The body of the coffee is not very strong and acidity is mild and pleasant.

What makes EtHiopian Coffee special?

Ethiopia is the motherland of Coffee Arabica. It is endowed with a rich variety of coffee and its diverse origins. Ethiopian coffee is rich with original flavour and aroma because of the geographical (altitude, soil, temperature, rainfall, topography, ecology), genotypic and cultural variety within the country.

Coffee has been growing in Ethiopia for thousands of years, in the forests of southwestern highlands. The word coffee derives from Kaffa, name of a place in the South-Western Ethiopian highlands where coffee was first discovered. It is also known to be the first Coffee Arabica exporter in Africa and is currently the fifth-largest coffee producer in the world.

Why drink Arabica coffee?

Coffee Arabica is a species of Coffee originally indigenous to the forests of the southwestern highlands of Ethiopia. It is also known as the “coffee shrub of Arabia”, “mountain coffee”, or “arabica coffee”.Arabica is believed to be the first species of coffee to be cultivated, and is by far the dominant cultivar, representing some 75% of global production. The other 25% is produced with the less acidic, more bitter, and more highly caffeinated Robusta bean.

en_GBEnglish (UK)